A foreigner died in Thailand after eating a lot of durian and drank Coke. Learn why this fruit is deadly when combined with a cola. There have been various reports regarding the fruit Durian can be deadly when consumed with cola, alcohol, coffee or milk.
A man named Kim-Siang Ng reported that a 28-year-old Chinese tourist visiting Thailand died because of excessive intake of Durian then drank a Coke in-can.
He labeled this combination as “cobra poison” and warned people to not drink cola right after eating durian. He also said that Thailand also released a warning to not drink cola or anything with high caffeine content within 8 hours if you eat durian fruit.