This extra Oxygen atom is easily expunged to react with its environment, often at the expense of living microorganisms in its vicinity. In other words, hydrogen peroxide is able to disinfect and sanitize at the microbial level.
Here are 20 ways you can take advantage of this small, but mighty, power! (Henceforth I will abbreviate hydrogen peroxide to “HP” and the below uses the %3 concentration of HP that is often found in common stores rather than a %5 concentration)
- Destruction of viruses- 3 drops of HP in each ear, and let drain, will eliminate earwax and any viruses that like to fester such as “swimmers ear”.
- Elimination of pesticides- Soak vegetables in ¼ cup of HP and 3 cups of water for 30 minutes. After rinse well, and store in the fridge (ensure that your vegetables are healthy and whole to prevent from solution sinking into the product)
- Kills off airborne germs- Mixing 1 pint of HP with 1 gallon of water and pouring into a humidifier will kick airborne germs in the bud, cleansing your air!
- Clean toothbrush-Leaving a moist toothbrush overnight isn’t the best for oral hygiene. Soak in HP and you’re all set!
- Helps with foot fungus-Mix together a 1:1 ratio of HP and water in an amber bottle and keep away from sunlight, apply to fungus directly.
- Remove organic stains- Anything like sweat, blood, wine, or food stains can be dissolved with HP and a little laundry detergent.
- Protection from swimmers ear-I bring this up in the form of a routine of cleansing your ear as a preventative measure, rather than a one-time fix as I had before.
- Treat calluses and corns- Mix equal parts HP and water and soak your feet to soften them.
- Eliminate boils-Pour one cup of 35% HP into a bath and soak in the tub.
- Skin cleanser-the anti-bacterial properties of HP can cleanse your face as well!