Entire Family Dies After Young Woman Makes A Simple Mistake In The Kitchen

Prev1 of 2Next

Potatoes are a common staple in all cuisines around the world in general. They are a part of multiple tasty recipes and offer various health benefits.

Image result for Entire Family Dies After Young Woman Makes A Simple Mistake In The Kitchen

Yet, there are certain cases in which potatoes can be unhealthy, and even deadly.

Namely, you may want to throw away your potatoes if you have kept them too long in the kitchen. Here is why!

Back in 2014, a Russian 8-year-old girl called Maria Chelysheva became an orphan due to a batch of old potatoes that her family kept in the cellar and had let rot.

Her father went there to get some potatoes and did not return. Her mother had the same fate. The same happened to her brother, and eventually, her grandmother.

Her grandmother called the neighbor but before he came, she went to check the situation in the basement and became the last victim.

The disastrous consequences were caused by glycoalkaloid which is found in potatoes and makes them naturally toxic under certain circumstances.

This harmful chemical is also found in poisonous nightshade plants. This chemical is poisonous not only if consumed, but if inhaled as well.

Prev1 of 2Next

Add Comment