- Antioxidants: Researchers from the Pennsylvania State University have discovered that the avocado seed has more than 70% of the phenolic antioxidants found in the whole avocado fruit. These antioxidants can help improve your cholesterol levels. But that’s not all. Eating the seeds can also reduce inflammatory conditions, blood pressure levels, and diabetes risk. Antioxidants also help boost your immunity.
- Good for the Heart: The seed is heart-friendly as it is an anti-inflammatoryfood. As mentioned, it lowers cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Eating more avocado seeds can reduce your chances of having plaque buildup in your arteries and therefore, shielding your heart against diseases and attacks.
- Anti-Inflammatory and Others: The seed is also good for people with arthritis as it aids in easing joint pains. It is also useful in lowering your risk of stroke, cancer, and inflammations. What’s more, the seed contains insecticidal, anti-microbial, and fungicidal properties.
- Digestion Improvement: Many people in South America use avocado seeds to treat various digestive system woes, such as gastric ulcers and dysentery.
- Fiber: The seed also has soluble fiber and is actually richer in the nutrient than any vegetable around. Soluble fiber has many benefits, including lowering cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
With the health benefits given, you should start thinking twice before you throw that seed away. Here’s how you can eat the seeds:
Prepare the following:
- ½ avocado seed
- Four apples
- One banana
- Two lemons, peel removed
- One cup of spinach
- One bunch of parsley
- ¼ ginger
- One stalk of celery
With the ingredients ready, follow the steps below:
- Put the seed into the food processor and process it until it turns into fine powder.
- Divide the ground seed into two equal portions.
- Process all the ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, setting aside the other portion of the ground seed for later use. You only need half of it for one serving.
- Strain the smoothie before drinking it.
This will yield a glass of sweet and sour smoothie that is full of antioxidants and health benefits.